HistaSure - Dipstick
The worlds first production dip-stick for the detection of Histamine in Fish is here! In Just minutes you can screen for the presence of histamine. We pre-set the cut to international standards of 50ppm, but the system is easily changed to allow for adjustable cut-offs in order to meet your QC needs.
- Mix 10 grams of tuna with 240 mL of water
- Add 100 µl of the sample to the tube containing 500 ul of Acylation Buffer - Vortex to mix
- Add 100 µl of the acylation reagent to the tube in step 2
- Vortex to mix and incubate for 5 minutes
- Pipette 100 ul of the acylated sample to the Sample Diluent.
- Vortex to mix Add 100 ul to the cassette
- Read results after 5 minutes.
- Fast results in minutes
- No special equipment needed
- Easy interpretation
- Can be performed Dockside
- Reuse the sample in our ELISA
Results and Interpretation:
The visual inspection of the LF-cassettes can give the following results: 2 lines or 1 line.
2 lines:The histamine concentration of the sample is below 50 ppm; the sample has passed. Example: 2 lines are visible - the sample has passed
1 line:Only the control line is visible. The histamine concentration of the sample is above 50 ppm; the sample has failed and further investigations have to be performed. Example: 1 line is visible – the sample has failed.