Screening, Quantitative, and Semi-Quantitative
Whether its fresh off the boat, or further processed, RMD offers a number of solutions to Histamine testing, that are built on many years of experience in clinical diagnostics. Quality is the cornerstone of any business, and we are here to help you reinforce that commitment to quality with cutting-edge technologies.
HistaSure - Fully Quantative
New and improved ELISA method that offers fully quantitative results in 30 minutes! With a simple water extraction and our improved ELISA method, we have surpassed similar methods in speed and usability. Ideal for high volume testing, or small runs, this new ELISA is a breakthrough.
The HistaSure™ ELISA Fast Track has been validated and certified as a Performance Tested MethodSM by the AOAC Research Institute as an effective method for the quantitative determination of histamine in fish. The ease of use and wide-ranging application areas make this assay a versatile and reliable tool for laboratories engaged in food safety. This assay is an important piece of any seafood processor's control strategy in their HACCP program to address the hazard of scombrotoxin formation.
- Designed for quantitative determinations (6 controls) or semi-quantitative determinations (1 out of 7 cut-off controls).
- Run 42 samples in one run quantitatively, or as many as 47 samples in one run semi-quantitatively
- Quantitative determinations have a high dynamic range between 0 und 300 ppm
- For Semi-Quantitative Determinations: Choose from seven different cut-off points between 3 und 300 ppm
- Validated and certified by the AOAC Research Institute for many different fish species and matrices such as fresh/frozen yellowfin tuna, canned tuna-chunk light in water, fresh/frozen mahimahi, canned sardines in oil and fish meal. No expensive or complicated equipment required Long shelf-life greater than 12 Months
- On a regular basis the assay is successfully used in the external quality assessment schemes of FAPAS